Tuesday 23 September 2008

Do we like personal? Ad new Twitter and the like...

I have recently learned that Felix, person sitting next to me in the office is writing a blog, and found interesting post on his site about personalisation for iPods, iPhones and laptops - GelaSkins. Enchanting designs and the fact that I actually like ALL of them (!!!) made me order one just for a trial.
The service is great (delivered from Canada within less than a week, although while processing the order I agreed to wait for 20 days), costs OK and the quality perfect. The main worry - the glue quality prooved to be perfect, you can take the skin off just as easily as you put it on. The touch pad of my IPod works just fine, so I am one happy customer.
The idea made me interested in the whole personalisation thing. Why do we like the new Twitter? Because we can make it more personal and desing based on our own easthetical needs. Why do we like blog engines like Wordpress or Blogger - because we can customise them easily. But is that always true? The more options the better? To what extend? New Facebook seems to go towards simpliffying rather than overcomplicating. Still I personally like a small dosis of my own taste (or lack of it;)) in everything around me.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you like it. I have been waiting for someone to buy one of these to let me know, as I was too cautious myself to get one. Maybe now i shall get one for the PowerBook, my 2 iPods, and iPhone...

Hope its lasts for you :-)

GabK said...

Yes, do so. Me, I will definitely get some more:)