Tuesday 4 March 2008

Lianfair













..sounds very innocent, but in reality it happens to be one of the longest names of towns in the world, located quite close - in Wales.

Preparing for my exhibition (since I am pressured to fill out the list of my works I decided to name them with difficult or funny names of UK villages) I have found the longest domain - of the town mentioned above, and once being there I have used the automated service of sending an e-mail to a friend.
When he started accusing me of sexual harrasment I asked him for the text of the message - se be aware when you use it!
' Subject: It's me, sending this from the World's Longest Single Word
Domain Name! - Your Own Copy To Keep

:)

PS. Why not run away with me, I've seen some beautiful holiday
properties listed on

www.FrenchHolidayHomes.com

I sent this email from
http://www.llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyll-llantysiliogogogoch.
com
, the world's longest domain name, why don't you have a go!'

Not good, not good...


Blogged with Flock

No comments: