Tuesday 13 November 2007

Flowers

I am fed up with buying flowers, now it's time to receive them. It's not good....not a good sign..first time in my life I became distant from them...I even forced myself to go to the shop and buy one...one I have studied since about a week...I had it in my basket! And couldn't! I could not force myself to buy it and take it home...and I think it is more about taking it and bringing it home, where there is no place for flowers at the moment - not in my spaces....silly, I know. Well, that is me, my nature - lost in details like this, managing in her 'big issues' and completely disabled when it comes to the details of every-day life. I hope I can see flowers like Georgia did - I hope I will see and recreate the world the way she did - once, one day, in Mexico;)


'Nobody sees a flower, really, it is so small. We haven't time - and to see takes time like to have a friend takes time.
 
If I could paint the flower exactly as I see it no one would see what I see because I would paint it small like the flower is small. So I said to myself - I'll paint what I see - what the flower is to me but I'll paint it big and they will be surprised into taking time to look at it - I will make even busy New Yorkers take time to see what I see of flowers.
 
...Well, I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower you hung all your own associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see of the flower - and I don't.'
- Georgia O'Keeffe

Blogged with Flock

No comments: